Title of Best Practice :
Certificate Program in Banking, Finance and Insurance
CPBFI is a core component of Bajaj Finserv’s employability initiative aimed at making graduates employable for BFSI industry i.e Banking , Financial services & insurance industry.
It has been started by G.S. College Commerce of Commerce, Wardha in collaboration with Bajaj Finserv Limited in year 2017 . Since then we are successfully providing training of the course to make our students prepare for career & not just a job. Every year students from our college gets an opportunity to be placed in different well renowned companies which are the part of BFSI industry.
Objectives of Practice :
- To bridge the gap between the knowledge required by industry & knowledge that graduates possess.
- To provide students a platform to develop & enhance employability skills among them.
- To provide students with experiential learning focused on hands on training.
- To make students acquainted with interview process via mock interviews which are conducted by industry experts at the end of training program.
- To provide such a comprehensive curriculum in affordable fees & course fees is subsidized by Bajaj Finserv.
Program structure :
It consists of following:
- Banking operations: It aims to provide knowledge of overview of banking & NBFC industry & details about banking products.
- Insurance Management: It provides overview of life & general insurance industry & details about various products available in insurance industry.
- Advance Business Communication: It is designed in order to develop soft skills among students. It consists of business communication skills including listening, speaking, reading & writing
The Practice :
- The course curriculum is designed jointly by Symbiosis Institute of Banking & Finance, G.S. College of Commerce in Consultation with Bajaj Finserv Ltd. And as per the requirements of industry.
- College & Bajaj Finserv Ltd. provides complete study material required in the form of student manuals to each and every student enrolled for the CPBFI.
- At the end of programme HR – Workshop is organized by Bajaj Finserv Ltd., Pune where real recruiters and HRs from companies like Bajaj Finance Ltd., Bajaj Finserv Ltd., Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance etc. take one to one mock interviews of students and give them their feedback.
- Successful students are awarded with the certificate of completion from Bajaj Finserv Ltd. & G.S. College of Commerce, Wardha
Evidence of Success :
In last four years we have successfully completed Six batches of CPBFI programme. In last four batches more than fifty students got placed in reputed companies like Tata Consultancy Services, Bajaj Finance, HDB Financial Services, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, Muthoot Finance, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Swatantra Micro Finance etc.
Resources Required :
The only problem encountered during this course is limited availability of external faculties from corporate. With respect to resources required, the college & Bajaj Finserv Ltd. make available all the necessary resources as and when required and as per the requirement of course curriculum.
Bridging the stark chasm that exists today between the skill sets demanded by industry & the potential present in college graduates, we joined hand with Bajaj Finserv Limited . Since last few years this course is contributing along in growth & development of our students & in future as well It will surely help us to develop & improve employability skills among our students.
Title of Best Practice :
Objective of Practice :
Business English Certificate Course
- To enhance four communication skills (LSRW).
- To make student job oriented.
- To improve listening skills for meetings and teleconferences.
- To achieve clarity in writing English.
- To develop effective written communication technique.
- To enhance business communication quality in students.
- To help to communicate more efficiently in an International work environment.
- To develop awareness about importance of English in daily life.
The Context :
- Business Preliminary
- Business Vantage
- Business Higher
The Practice :
G. S. College of Commerce has started BEC course since 2014. BEC is a 180 Hrs. Interactive classroom teaching program which is conducted by the in house. The BEC certificate program subject includes four skills that is Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking the time allotted to each skills.
The institution has academic English Co-ordinator for promoting needs of English culture in the staff and students in the campus.
- Students and faculty members are motivated to give BEC examination. Induction programme for BEC examination is conducted to make the students know about this examination.
- First the students are made to appear for the in house English Proficiency Course. After this the desiring and interested students are enrolled for the BEC Course.
- In case, a good students cannot pay his fees for BEC exam the institution waives his fees.
- Listening skill classes are conducted in morning hours before commencement of regular academic periods and after the regular periods.
- Students are motivated through Best BEC student’s awards for their outstanding performance.
- Before the final examinations college conducts mock test also for students.
- At the end examination is conducted by Cambridge Council. Successful are awarded a certificate by University of Cambridge. The certificate is valid for life time.
Evidence of Success :
After the implementation of the BEC course as the best practice, the college has observed successful outcomes in placements. The achievement in the BEC examination is the main indicator of excellence in placements at the college in various organization.
- The students have participated in Avishkar competition.
- The students have participated in inter collegiate essays, poster, debate, elocution, ppt competition.
- The students have been placed up in various companies such as Tata Consultancy Services, Bajaj Finserv, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, Wipro etc.
- Students have bagged prizes in different competitions organized at intercollegiate level.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required :
- The continued motivation of the students is always a challenge.
- High fees structure is a big issue